Whether your audience wants to learn how to run a business or simply advance in their career, they will always turn to specialized business blogs for advice.
Tuesday, 29 September 2026
Cozy Mystery Newsletter: Free Books, Puzzles, and a Really Tiny Cat!
September 2026 Issue
The Cozy Conundrum
A Cozy Mystery Newsletter
Highlights:
Sign up for a free copy of my upcoming cozy mystery, Death at the Larkspur Inn
Cozy mystery giveaway exclusive to email subscribers (that's you!)
July's Cryptogram answer
September's free Cozy Maze
September Animal Snapshot: Rusty-spotted Cat
π«π«π«π«π«π«π«π«π«π«
Hello, Friends!
I'm so happy to bring you the second edition of The Cozy Conundrum, my monthly newsletter devoted to all things cozy mystery. I was hoping to get an August issue out, but alas! Life has been busy, busy, busy lately.
It's hard to believe I've gone from starting a simple blog about writing in 2018 (hello to all of you still following from the old Paper Crow Blog!) to selling my cozy mysteries (hello to you newer followers)! Thank you SO MUCH for being part of this journey because it really has been a trek in many ways.π
Now that we're closing out September, I've got some exciting updates to share.
The first is that I'm building my ARC team for Death at the Larkspur Inn. What is an ARC team? It's comprised of readers who receive the book for free in the hopes that you will leave an honest review on/around Release Day (tentatively November 15). This helps with marketing since potential readers can see what people liked about the story and then decide if it's a good fit for them.
If you're interested, check out the next section for information about signing up.
Ways to Join My Cozy Mystery ARC Team
Join my Booksprout Review Team. Booksprout is a book review platform for both writers and readers. It is 100% free for readers and is a great way for book reviewers to get connected with free books of all genres (not just mine!). When you join my team, you get first dibs at signing up for a free ARC copy. Booksprout spaces are limited! You'll get a message letting you know when your copy is ready to reserve in a few weeks. https://booksprout.co/reviewer/team/63400/krista-j-iris-watsons-team
Complete a simple Google ARC form. You can also fill out this easy form. I promise, it's actually simple. Just 4 quick questions! https://forms.gle/YxLAGWszf7uKBijV8
Win a Free Copy of Murder at Tea Thyme
Click for full book description
If you would like to win a free copy of the first book in the Lindsay Bloom Nature Mystery Series, all you have to do is reply to this email with the word COZY to enter! That's it! Winners will be randomly selected.
I'll announce the winner in the October issue of The Cozy Conundrum and on social media. I'll also reach out to you directly via email. If you're in the United States, I'll send you a paperback copy (you must then provide a mailing address in this case) or an ebook copy to your email if you prefer. Winners outside of the United States will receive an ebook copy (I would love to send paperback copies but international shipping gets tricky).
September's Animal Snapshot
Lindsay Bloom, the main character of my πnature mystery series, loves everything to do with the outdoors, from flora to fauna. In honor of Lindsay, I'll be featuring a new plant or animal that is unusual in some way each month. This September, we are honoring the Rusty-spotted Cat, a personal favorite!
How adorable is that tiny face, even when it's snarling?!
Every month, I'll include at least one puzzle in the newsletter. Puzzles are a great way to unwind and keep the mind sharp. Can you find your way out of this month's maze?
July's Cryptogram Answer
Answer: The coziest mysteries are the ones with best friends, suportive family, delicious foods, and a fluffy pet!
September's Puzzle
Solution in next month's edition of The Cozy Conundrum
Let's keep in touch on social media until October's issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment